Thursday, August 27, 2009

Reality Check

So, when I was a young adult, I had a boyfriend whose mom had been a model at some point in her lifetime. She told me that the proper way to stand in a photo is to put one foot in front of the other with the bulk of your weight on the foot in the back. I guess it puts the larger proportion behind you or something like that. Bottom line, it is supposed to make you look thinner.

Ever since then, I have always tried to stand that way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I had a reality check yesterday. After posting the pictures of my before and ... uh, during, I was feeling pretty good about my progress. I took my daughter to a dance studio to sign her up for ballet and tap for the fall. Let me tell you, a full wall of mirrors does nothing to improve your figure. Standing before me in all my glory was the reflection of someone that still has many steps yet to go in her journey to peace with herself.

I needed that slap in the face. I suspect this will be the catalyst to my return to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment