Friday, August 21, 2009

The Proof is in the Pictures

So, I feel good enough about myself now that I can post the before picture. I'm not the after yet but I have faith that I will be there someday.

This picture was taken on our family vacation to DisneyWorld at the beginning of March, 2009. I looked at the pictures from our vacation and couldn't believe how big I'd gotten. When you're putting on weight, you know how much you weigh, you know what size you need to be comfortable but you don't fully know what you look like.

When I received the CD of our pictures from Disney, I sat down and cried. I was disgusting. I couldn't believe my butt was as big as Buzz Lightyear's chest and his was a costume. The weight was so out of my control and the efforts I'd made so far hadn't resulted in much. I was sure I was going to be fat for the rest of my life. For the record, my butt can actually be seen to the left of my arm and hand.

I am very happy with the progress I've made so far. The rate at which I'm losing my weight now has slowed down but that's OK. I didn't put most of this on overnight so I can't realistically expect it to come off overnight. I'm doing well. I'm staying positive.



Here's a picture that actually makes it look like I don't need to lose any weight. I like this one. :)  Course, I know that my sister just got the right angle. I was only down 29 pounds in this picture. This picture was 3 months into the weight-loss effort.


This is where I'm at after 5 months of effort ... 39 pounds down. Who could complain? Note, you cannot see my butt to the right of my arm and hand. :)  The pants in the first picture are almost too big to wear now.

I'm not disgusted with how I look. I'm not happy either but I'm not disgusted. I know it's a lifestyle change. That's the important thing, right?

My husband gave me a compliment the other day. He told me that I was getting a good shape to my butt again. People at work have begun to comment on my weight loss and want to know what I'm doing. I guess 35 pounds is the magic number to be noticed.



Addendum: OK, so I just looked at these pictures after I published. Just as when your weight is going up, you know how much you weigh and you know what size you need but you don't really know what you look like until you see a picture. Well, let me tell you, it happens in reverse too. I put this post together and really looked at the picture from March 5 in Disney and then looked at the picture from the zoo on Saturday, August 22 and I am amazed and thrilled at my progress!  Yay!! And, if I can do this, anyone can.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a GREAT job! Keep up the good work - you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I somehow altered just me in the pictures, doesn't it? Squished me in the Disney picture or stretched me in the zoo picture. It's kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete